The ICAPGenSM Board and committees will soon have some positions opening up, and we invite any interested Accredited Genealogist® researchers to contact us.
Testing Committee Chair
Testing Committee Chair is currently occupied by C. Lynn Anderson. Lynn is retiring in January after filling this position for nine years! A HUGE thanks to Lynn for her long, dedicated service!! She has rolled out many exciting new features in the way testing is done this past year and has a dynamic testing committee assisting with all aspects of the testing process.
If interested, please send a letter of interest and summary of your genealogical activities to the Executive Secretary by 25 October 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified individuals will go through an interview process.
Below are some of the main duties of the Testing Committee Chair:
- Primarily responsible to protect the security of all examinations.
- Oversee all testing committee activities through frequent communication with testing secretary and sub-committee leaders.
- Ensure exams created & updated comply with exam standards.
- Review applicant/candidate progress through reports from Level 1 Chair, Test Administrator Coordinator, and Testing Secretary.
- Confer with Level 1 Chair and Test Administrator Coordinator on four-generation projects and test results which are borderline or problematic.
- Review feedback letters and project letters for four-generation projects and tests that do not pass.
- Conduct Testing Committee meetings as needed.
- Report on Testing Committee activities and needs at ICAPGen Board Meetings.
- Manage DropBox folders.
- Archive Level 1 Project Folders and Level 2 & Level 3 Folders as needed.
- Responsible for uploading and removing oral review material in Dropbox folder for Oral Review committee.
Study Group Work Reviewers
The Study Group/Mentoring team is in need of 3 to 4 accredited genealogists to assist with reviewing participant work. These positions will not be required to attend meetings and the time commitment is 1-3 hours per month for a three-month study group. Those interested may contact email@example.com
Social Media Assistant
The Public Relations Committee needs an individual to help out with our “member spotlights” by contacting AG researchers and posting spotlights to our blog. We also need someone who can post newsy items to our Twitter account, and someone who can do the same with our blog. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.