Proposals are now being accepted for the ICAPGen 2014 Fall Conference in conjunction with BYU’s Center for Family History and Genealogy held Saturday November 1, 2014 at Brigham Young University Provo, Utah (Joseph F. Smith Bldg).
Each presentation will be 50 minutes in length, which includes time for questions and answers. Each presentation should reflect the latest status of research and publication on the topic. The deadline for proposals is 22 July, 2014. We welcome proposals that allow participants to gain new skills and helpful information in the following areas:
• Hands-on classes taught in a computer lab setting (both PC and MAC computers available) including family history websites, conducting online research, using the Internet for family history, etc.
• Research Methodology: Beginning, intermediate, and advanced research methodology in an area specific region in the world
• Research process, pedigree analysis, evidence evaluation, tracing immigrants, record sources, etc.
• Courses preparing for an Accreditation
• Family history and genealogy websites for conducting research online
• Family organizations, collaboration, writing, editing and publishing family history
Proposals must include:
• Your name, address, telephone number and email address
• Title of the presentation
• Class description (one to two line sentences)
• A brief biographical sketch (50 words maximum)
• Lecture experience
Any audiovisual equipment needed: Computers, projectors, and Internet access will be provided for speakers to use for their presentations.
Speakers participating in the conference will receive a:
• $75 per lecture with additional $25 if syllabus is submitted on time
• Complimentary registration
• Conference syllabus on a flash drive (there will be no printed syllabus)
• Please e-mail lecture proposals in Microsoft Word or .PDF format to Raymon Naisbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 July 2014.
• Completed syllabus material (limit 4 pages) must be submitted no later than Monday September 22nd.
Thank you for your consideration. We hope to see you at this year’s conference!