- Starting with 4th quarter of 2018 we have changed the testing schedule. We are implementing a Friday night/Saturday daytime test schedule. The first part of Level 2 exams will be given on Friday evening. The candidate will return Saturday to complete their Level 2 exam and take their written portion of the Level 3 exam. Retakes will be scheduled as needed during the Saturday testing day. (Those preferring to take Level 2 & Level 3 during different testing cycles may do so, but they will need to take Level 2 one testing cycle and wait until the following test cycle to take Level 3.)
- Level 1 submissions are graded at the beginning of each quarter. Projects received between submission deadlines will be held until the next quarter for grading. For example: A Level 1 submission uploaded between 7 January (day after 1st quarter deadline) & 7 April 2018 (day of 2nd quarter deadline) is graded at the beginning of 2nd quarter.
- Level 2 tests may not be scheduled until after receiving a score of 90% or higher on the Level 1 submission.
- Level 3 tests may not be scheduled until after receiving a score of 90% or higher on the Level 2 tests.
- Oral Reviews may not be scheduled until after receiving a score of 90% or higher on the written portion of Level 3 tests.
- Off-site testing is scheduled on an individual basis.
- Custom on-site testing available for special circumstances. (Email the testing secretary for permission at firstname.lastname@example.org before paying fees.)
- Additional charges apply for both offsite and custom onsite testing. See Fee Schedule for details.
Below are the remaining deadlines for Level 1 submissions and onsite testing dates for the year 2018.
Level 2 Exam & Level 2 Retake – 18 August 2018
Level 3 Exam & Level 3 Retake – 15 September 2018
Oral Reviews – 20 October 2018
Level 1 Submission Deadline – 6 October 2018
Level 2, Level 3 Exams, & all retakes – 16 & 17 November 2018
Oral Reviews for this session of testing will be scheduled in January 2019.
For further details about the accreditation process, please see the ICAPGen website. Be sure to download the Guide to Applying for an Accredited Genealogist® Credential, as well.