If you are looking for an opportunity to become involved with ICAPGen℠, the Conference Booth Committee might be something you would enjoy. ICAPGen likes to have a booth at RootsTech, the BYU Family History and Genealogy Conference, and other conferences, to promote our organization, answer questions about the accreditation process, and provide helpful literature. We are looking for a committee chair and members to handle this for us. Please let us know if this is something that would interest you.
Responsibilities for ICAPGen Booth Chair:
Make sure fees are paid for a booth at Rootstech and BYU Genealogy Conference. Other conferences may be included according to Board approval.
- Create a schedule and arrange for AG® professionals to help sign up and cover hours at the booth during a conference
- Sell books at the booth (accepting cash and using the Square on your cell phone)
- Make sure there are flyers and book marks to pass out
o Testing Levels brochure
o Why Accredit brochure
o ICAPGen bookmarks
o Becoming an Excellent Genealogist book flyer
- Make sure there are AG pins to sell
- Arrange to have the booth set up and taken down during each conference
- Collect any cash received for book or pin sales and give them to the Executive Secretary for deposit